NEW HYGIENE MEASURES
POSTED ON 3 MARCH 2020 – PAUSED UNTIL RE-OPENING
I understand that you may currently be concerned about the spread of coronavirus.
I am a professional who has worked with the public for almost 20 years. Proper hygiene is a standard an essential aspect of my work. Safety in my studio and wellbeing of my clients is very important to me.
As a professional I am used to dealing with hygiene and cleanliness to minimise any risks to my clients. Working one to one in a small environment I have a good degree of control over my studio and able to keep it safer than public spaces. However I have now introduced even further hygiene measures for this situation.
I usually work with a small number of regular clients who go through a process with me in a committed and serious manner. I always work one-to-one with individuals or couples. I don’t do any group events. So I have a very small number of people going through the studio.
Of course the riskiest places at the moment are the public spaces people visit daily where there are a lot of people sharing contact through surfaces, such as public transport, gyms, workplaces, shops etc.
I have stepped up all the measures to make sure that my studio is kept as sterile from the outside influence as possible. I attempt to make my studio a safer place to be than most of the public places that you have to transit through daily and unfortunately can’t avoid (such as public transport, gyms, workplaces, shops etc).
Here are the measures I currently take:
– Every client is asked to wash hands as soon as they enter.
– All the door handles and taps are wiped with disinfectant after each appointment.
– No shared towels are used for hands – I provide disposable paper towels.
– The studio is aired and cleaned after each appointment
If you are coming for the couples workshop or consultation the measures above keep you as safe as you can possibly be anywhere. There is no contact between me and clients, all contact is between you.
If you re coming for the bodywork here are extra considerations:
– All clients are asked to have a shower before the session – and welcome to have one after.
– All towels and massage table covers are single use just for one client, after which they are properly washed in the laundry.
– The tantric massage is done with hands only, at the same distance as any other massage, and I strictly thoroughly wash hands before and after each massage (this is standard practice anyway).
– Plus all the above measures (all clients wash hands on entry, all door handles are disinfected, the studio is aired and cleaned between appointments, etc)